I am coming for a face to face appointment, what should I expect?
We are delighted to welcome you back to our counselling room and meet with you in person.
Not everyone will be offered a face to face appointment, only those for whom telephone and online is not suitable
- If you are not well before you appointment please text your support worker, don’t arrive if you are unwell in any way
- Please arrive on time for your appointment as the waiting room is not available
- Please arrive wearing a mask, this will be necessary in all communal areas in the building
- When you arrive your support worker will be there to meet you
- You will be asked to complete a contact tracing form which will be kept securely for 21 days, then shredded
- You will be asked about whether you have corona virus symptoms
- You will also be asked if anyone in your household has corona virus symptoms
- You will have your temperature taken
- If your temperature is normal and you answered no to the questions you will be taken down to the counselling room
- You must stay 2 metres apart at all times and observe social distancing
- The room will have been cleaned and no-one will have been in the room the hour before you arrive
- There will be a perspex screen between you and your support worker to minimise the spread of infection
- You will be asked to sit in the furthest seats
- You can then remove your mask, if you prefer to keep it on your support worker will also wear a mask
- The window will be open in the room to increase ventilation, the door may also need to remain slightly open
- When you leave please replace your mask
Thank you so much for your support in keeping our clients and our team safe.
By attending to the appointment you are acknowledging that you are willing to attend at you own risk and we are promising to do all we can to keep you safe.