Support Agreement Contract
Alternatives offer counselling or listening support which will be up to 12 sessions
- A text reminder will be sent to you the morning of the appointment.
- Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
- If you need to reschedule, please arrange this by text, however this may impact on the number of sessions you are able to receive.
- We ask that you give 24 hours notice where possible if you cancel a session.
- If you feel you are no longer in need of support, that’s fine, just please do let us know, we know that endings are important to the client and to the support worker.
- We will text you a link to complete a feedback form at the end of your time with us, we appreciate you taking a short time to complete this.
What happens if we are concerned about your safety?
All information shared during your support is confidential – This means that all your information is kept securely are not shared with anyone else unless we believe you are at risk of harm to yourself or someone else is at risk of harm.
We ask that you provide an emergency contact number in case we are concerned about your safety (for example if you end the session suddenly without warning and are distressed, or if you say something that makes us believe you are at risk of harm)
If you support worker remains concerned about your safety, they must pass on this information to those who can help you, they will always try to talk to you about this first.
What if I have a complaint?
Alternatives have a complaints procedure, see our website or ask a team member for more information.
What happens to my information?
Your information is kept securely on a secure digital system. All notes of our session are brief and factual.
You can request to see your notes.
- Records are kept for 7 years after support ends.
- In the case of clients under 18, records are kept for 7 years after the child turns 18.
Alternatives are a charity and rely on donations from funders and individuals. If you would like to contribute to the cost of your counselling you can make a donation