Rockwell Staff Support Information & Referral Form
What is Rockwell Staff Support?
Alternatives offer support to staff at Rockwell as part of the counselling in schools contract. These sessions are kept confidential both from school staff and the counselling team, and will be delivered by a different counsellor than the one who supports the young people. The current counsellor is Rachel Macdonald.
The purpose and focus of the sessions are around professional work at Rockwell Learning Centre, offering a space to reflect and debrief around the impact of the work, challenges you are facing and explore ways to cope.
How does it work?
Slots are scheduled for a Wednesday afternoon (P5, P6 or P7)
- Each session lasts for 40 minutes (1 period) and will be held in the counsellors room upstairs.
- If you need to reschedule, please arrange this by text, however this may impact on the number of sessions you are able to receive.
- We ask that you give 24 hours notice where possible if you cancel a session.
- If you feel you are no longer in need of support, that’s fine, just please do let us know, we know that endings are important.
- We will text you a link to complete a feedback form at the end of your time with us, we appreciate you taking a short time to complete this.
- Each staff member is entitled to 6 sessions, this can be extended depending on the need and demand of the service.
What happens if we are concerned about your safety?
All information shared during your support is confidential – This means that all your information is kept securely are not shared with anyone else unless we believe you are at risk of harm to yourself or someone else is at risk of harm.
If your counsellor remains concerned about your safety, they must pass on this information to those who can help you, this is likely to be the GP named in this contract, we never pass on information without discussing this with you first.
What if I have a complaint?
Alternatives have a complaints procedure, see our website or ask a team member for more information.
What happens to my information?
Your information is kept securely on a secure digital system. All notes of our session are brief and factual.
You can request to see your notes.
- Records are kept for 7 years after support ends
I’m interested, how do I get involved?
If you would like to access Rockwell Staff Support, please complete the following form and an Alternatives member of staff will be in touch as soon as possible to arrange a first meeting. If you would rather have a conversation about the service before referring, feel free to speak to Clair (DHT) for more information