Face to Face
Face to face appointments are available. These offer the chance to sit with a counsellor in a neutral space and can feel more helpful for some than remote appointments.
How do I book an appointment?
- You can book an appointment for face to face support by contacting us here.
- Your first appointment will be a telephone assessment, this lasts for around 40 minutes, where we will take some information and find out how things have been.
- A text or email will be sent to offer your assessment appointment. Please respond to agree this.
- During the assessment appointment we will ask you some questions about how you are coping at the moment. We will discuss with you if face to face work is the best for you.
- We will ask you to complete a support agreement with your name, contact details, date of birth, and G.P name and number. If we feel you are at risk of harm to yourself or someone else we will use this information to contact those who can help you and let them know that you are in need of extra care. We will always try to talk to you about this first. See our privacy notice.
What happens next?
- After your assessment appointment you will be assigned a team member. This will be the same person every week.
- They will contact you by text to arrange your first appointment.
- If you need to cancel a session, please inform your support worker by text message 24 hours in advance where possible.
What should I expect when I come for a face to face appointment?
you will arrive in the reception area, where you will be asked to sign in and sign out.
- If you are not well before your appointment please text your support worker, don’t arrive if you are unwell in any way.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- When you arrive your support worker will be in reception to meet with you.
- There is no longer a requirement to wear a mask in the building.
- if you prefer to wear a mask then that is fine and you can ask your counsellor to also wear a mask.
By attending to the appointment you are acknowledging that you are willing to attend at your own risk and we are promising to do all we can to keep you safe.
Between session contact
You can contact your support worker through text to arrange appointments and they will reply during working hours.
Our Rescue Package has some links to apps which can also be helpful after a session.
My counsellor was very supportive and understanding. I can’t express how much support she gave me.April 2020
Need support now?
If you need urgent support, we encourage you to contact one the following services.
Call 116 123
Call 0800 83 85 87